Tuesday 16 September 2014

A Weekend Trail thru Food!!

It was one weekend trail that was worth every penny of bragging, as possible. I had a rather busy week and even busier weekend this week. And as usual it had to do all with food! More and more glorious food!
Friday, as soon as the work ended, I headed straight to Sofitel Mumbai BKC to meet visiting Chef Dumida and taste his delectable Sri Lankan dishes. A full review will be posted later this week, though just wanted to shout out a big thanks to everyone involved in making the festival a huge success. I went on a week day and saw all tables booked, and people scrambling to eat the Sri Lankan fare. The food was spicy and resembled Indian cuisine in many ways than one. My take of the meal that night- it was something I can eat again and again!
Saturday was home bound, spending time in my neighbourhood. We tried the wonderful Le CafĂ© Restro-bar, Chembur for lunch and loved the dishes, dished out for us. Their menu is as impressive as the food dished out. Good healthy options for starters, leading upto a selection of wood fired pizzas. I highly recommend the pizza up there, it’s everything I love in a pizza. 
But then again, I love all of its main course too; favourite of which remains the tandoori jerked chicken with barley and beans risotto and pan seared pink bassa with pesto tendli and blanched lal math. Especially loved their innovative-ness with Indian veggies; lovely and very refreshing in the quaint neighbourhood of our Chembur!
Though, I would really urge you to stay away from the lamb dishes there. For some reasons whenever I have had lamb up there, it’s been quite hard and chewy, almost inedible. Between so many awesome dishes, I think the lamb anyways doesn’t attract much attention. And if you are a hard core red meat kinda person, try their lamb burger which is soft and juicy and, a full sinful meal in itself. It’s a worthwhile restaurant to try out Chembur-iets and they have an outlet up there in R-City Mall as well!
Sunday was well spent in the company of fellow food bloggers and foodies, playing masterchef style Food Hunt. I sat up with the pretty @RiniChatterjee, talking about love, life and all things Bong, and waiting for the contestants to roll in. Mamagoto played a gracious host, pampering us with starters of chicken and prawns and fresh cups of green tea and coffee as and when we busy moderators’ seeked. Many partner restaurants, many foodie treats beckoned the winners; while the Foodie Kunal Vijaykar came over to flag off the event.
So thus was my busy weekend! Now hope things are more than awesome in the week as well. Cheers!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are always eager to hear your take on food, my way!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...