Friday 9 December 2016

Weekend in Pictures!!

Are you set with a weekend plan already? Its Friday, and most of us don’t have an extra buck to spend outside. The restaurateur in me is reeling under losses, but the blogger in me has taken over to celebrate these barren weeks. So this is what I plan to do this weekend.

Gardening would be  the first thing indeed. I need to ensure such harvests all month long.

8th of December harvest.


4th of December Harvest!
from garden to table! Fresh Zucchini harvested to be stirfried  and served over a crisp salad.

Stocking up the refrigerator and the freezer is always on my weekend To-Do list.

Turmeric is a great spice with anti bacterial properties. It helps preserve the meats better!
What better than to cook up a few sauces and condiments in advance and refrigerate and/or freeze them for the naughty times to come. After the demonetization drive, I am pretty sure many of you restrain from ordering out. This is an excellent way to ensure that your cravings are fulfilled in a healthier and cleaner fashion.
Marinara Sauce is a great homemade sauce which can be refrigerated for a week, and it tastes even better as it ages.
Breakfast cookies couldn't be better than this- Whole wheat Kesar Pista Cookies and hot Bournvita
A pizza in a swirly bread form! Yum breakfast up ahead.

Some romantic family cooking with both my boys on toes, is my favourite Saturday dinner activity. My little one loves to bake bread, while my elder one loves to chop veggies. I absolutely love to stir up this storm!!


Apple Pie to the perfection!
Shakshuka with homemade whole wheat bread!
Hubby requested an Orange Cake for his Birthday!

And an Orange Cake he got!

Stocking up on good wine and booze never seems to be a bad idea, especially since New Year is around the corner.




Have you tried making a cocktail with 24 hours refrigerated flavoured water like so?? A must try!!
Lastly, some homemade spicy caramel popcorn with a great movie on Hotstar should sum up the weekend beautifully.


So this is how I would be spending my weekend. Drop in a comment to tell me how you are placed during this weekend. Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are always eager to hear your take on food, my way!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...