Tuesday 13 September 2016

LLWT- 2 with Skinny Chicken Parmesan

Let’s Lose Weight Together Part 2 (LLWT-2)

Now for a quick update on my diet, I did follow it religiously from Monday through Saturday. Obviously the hostess that I am, I couldn't say no to entertaining guests on Friday, and hence made an easy healthy meal of homemade chicken parmesan, served on boiled daliya/bulgur wheat, and the banana chocolate cake from the below post for dessert. Luckily for me, the guests were health conscious too, and they loved the idea. By Friday, I have lost 1 kg on the scale, and the 2 hour eating habit has kicked in majorly. Saturday however kind of disturbed me off the path. I had a team lunch where in I had 2 slices of pizza and 1 cucumber. Dinner was late and almost after a big party, which didnt really go very well with me. I got sick and hardly ate anything on Sunday or Monday. Basically it was a stomach bug and thankfully due to timely medical intervention, I am back to eating normal since today. 

So for now I am gonna stick to week 1 and let my body adjust back to its routine. In the meanwhile, here is the recipe of Chicken Parmesan. It is a wonderfully easy recipe involving very few ingredients. I Indianised this Italian classic and read all about my experimentation here. Also, I am extremely sorry for not clicking a pic for it. I am borrowing a picture which resembles mine from the net, and thus I declare no interest or ownership on the same. But yes, it did look a lot like this, just a bit less of cheese on top. This recipe is so simple, that even after having a busy friday at work, I could put it together in no time. I had made the Marinara Sauce a night before, and that really sped the process manifolds. However, you can easily make this dish with a store bought jar of Marinara Sauce, and I bet it would still taste this awesome! 



Ingredients

4 chicken breasts cut in equal portions
Bread Crumbs
Fresh Garlic crushed
Salt and Pepper to taste
Homemade or store bought Marinara sauce (I followed a recipe from the internet, but instead of canned tomatoes, used fresh tomatoes and cooked a bit longer)
Parmesan Cheese
Gruyere Cheese

Method

Marinade the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and crushed garlic; and set it aside for 10 minutes. 

Now coat the chicken breasts thoroughly with bread crumbs and pan fry it in a little oil, but on a high flame. The idea is to not cook the chicken fully, but to get a crispy coating on it. 

In an oven proof pan, smear on a few dollops of marinara sauce. Place the crispy chicken breasts on top of it, in a neat row. 

Cover the chicken with more sauce and garnish on top with grated cheeses of your choice. Dunk it in a preheated oven for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the chicken is fully cooked through. Let it rest in the pan for a few minutes and then serve it with the carbs of your choice. 

I served mine on a bed of boiled daliya, along with a fresh cut salad on the side. Cheers!!

P.S. - In case you need the recipe of indianized Marinara sauce, comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are always eager to hear your take on food, my way!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...